Hi there, quite busy on my new toy xbox360, 🙂
Well, here you go !
What’s new in CE-Star 2.8 R3b!
CE-Star 2.8 R3b comes with the below improvements:
1. Added support for devices with built-in digital keypad (e.g. HTC Touch Dual, Asus P750, P527 etc.), both standard digital keypad and enhanced 20-keys keypad. The available input methods for the digital keypad include: Pinyin, Strokes, Chajei, Quick-Chajei and Romaji (Japanese).
2. Added Strokes input method option in Setup program.
3. Some bug-fixes and enhancements in the input panels.
4. Few minor improvements in the data of Pinyin, Chajei, Quick Chajei and Strokes.
5. Enhanced Japanese phrase dictionary. For more details about CE-Star Japanese support, please click the below link:
6. Enhanced digital keypad smartphone support.
7. Support dual keypad smartphone (such as HTC S710/S730, Dopod C500 and Pantech Duo etc.).
8. Now supports more new Smartphone models, including Samsung Blackjack2, Moto Q9 series, Asus M530w, Palm Treo 500 etc.
9. Added tweakings for Unicode encoded SMS on CDMA devices, specially for Palm Treo 700w and CDMA phones by HTC.
Get it here
Mirror Link : WM5/6
S2U2 v0.96 – beyond the basic (28 December 2007)
Have you finished your testing with S2U2? Another one is coming… v0.96…
– added option GifEndless to allow endless playback of GIF wallpaper (be warned to charge your device).
– added option not to override the animation speed of GIF wallpaper by turning off the GifSpeed.
(I really like this rat… http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…&postcount=323)
– hard coded some devices not to use DirectDraw. If your device’s screen goes black after DirectDraw is enabled, follow these steps:
1. pretend there is a slider on the screen; try to slide to unlock
2. stop iLock2
3. there is a iLock2.log file created under the S2U2 installed path (e.g. \Program Files\S2U2\); post it to the xda forum, I’ll black list this device not to use DirectDraw in the next release
4. edit the registry; go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2; set DirectDraw to 0
5. run iLock2 & S2U2
– fixed the GIF playback will continue after the device wakes up.
– fixed the issue of showing blurred over-sized Wallpapers.
– fixed when S2A is enabled, the Answer key was not locked on some devices.
– fixed sometimes the weather info would not be updated for HTC Weather.
– changed some wordings of “s2u2 Settings.exe”.
– some bugs fixed.
CAB files (Thanks Xenpain for hosting the file)
Language Pack (Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese BR, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish & Turkish) Most of them are still not completed yet. Read the LangReadme.txt for the changes. Please let me know if you can complete them.
For details, as usual, please read the Readme file or the next post.
Besides, please read the README FIRST, especially the Known limitations & FAQs before posting your questions here.
Finally, to show your appreciation, pls CLICK HERE to make a donation.
Hey guys, (19-12-2007)
It’s almost a month after the last update of S2U2. Take a deep breath & enjoy this early Christmas joy…
– added GIF format support to Wallpapers; with option GifSpeed to control the animation speed. (there is no GIF file included in the CAB file as I don’t want to get into any copyright trouble)
– added option to select a directory for S2U2 to change the wallpapers (*.jpg) automatically; with option to control the changing period & change them randomly.
– added support to display over-sized Wallpapers.
– added option to change the font of the Clock (clock\, clockH\ or clockHS\).
– added option to display an Analog Clock (clockA\).
(From left to right: clockH\, clockHS\ & clockA\)
– added ARGB PNG format support to all graphics files.
– added ShowWeather to retrieve today’s weather forecast from other weather applications. For UserWeather, you have to manually update the registry key UserWeather (STRING) under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2. The format is “icon|index|high temp|low temp” where icon is S, P or W.
– added SIM card support to CallerID.
– added option S2AEndKey to enable/disable the End key when S2A is activated.
– added option NoSoftKey to hide all soft buttons. But how to UNLOCK? Press the RIGHT-DPAD.
– added option TopCurtain to enable/disable the display of the topbar.png.
– added the BT headset status icon.
– added an Exceptional applications list that when these applications are running, S2U2 will not start automatically. (Edit the Registry, under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2, add a key ExceptionEXE0 (STRING) with the name of the application (e.g. iexplore.exe). A total of 10 (0-9) ExceptionEXE can be added. Then restart iLock2.)
– fixed the issue that DirectDraw could not be used when the device is in Landscape.
– fixed the issue when S2A is enable, the BT headset button did not work.
– fixed the issue when “Password/Pin Lock” or “Owner Information” are enabled.
– changed some wordings of “s2u2 Settings.exe”
– some bugs fixed
I’m quite excited about this release. Not only because a lot of features are added, it now can read ARGB PNG format graphic files. Meaning that you can tailor S2U2 even further through different level of opacities, and I’m expecting more themes from you guys in the near future.
CAB files (Thanks Xenpain for hosting the file)
PIM Backup v2.7
Darth Vampire Leies