PDroid – The Better Privacy Protection – Root is Required !
Leies Comment : this app required many steps to install ! For Advanced user !
If you’re the sort of of person that is concerned about access to your private data when downloading and installing applications on your Android device, be it from the official Android Market or not, you might be interested in XDA forum member svyat‘s application.
Snapshot First 😛
PDroid allows blocking access for any installed application to the following dataseparately:
- Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
- Subscriber ID (IMSI)
- SIM serial (ICCID)
- Phone and mailbox number
- Incoming call number
- Outgoing call number
- GPS location
- Network location
- List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
- Account auth tokens
- Call logs
- Browser bookmarks and history
- System logs
- SIM info (operator, country)
- Network info (operator, country)
For device ID, phone and mailbox number, SIM serial, subscriber ID and device location it also allows supplying custom or random values.
Why you would want to use it:
- Applicaitons do NOT crash when access to private data is blocked (unlike with Permissions Denied or CM)
- Fine-grained tuning of access to private data
- No background service needed
- Very small memory footprint (~700KB)
- No impact on battery life
- No impact on performance (5ms overhead on access to private data; yes, that’s 0.005s)
- 100% reliable unlike ROOT applications (LBE), which need to start their background service on boot (see android undergroundto learn why this is an issue)
- No ROOT required for the app to run
- No Android permissions required for the app to run
Automatic PDroid Patcher for Windows (XP/Vista/7):
- JDK 6 or newer is required (get it here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja…ad-346242.html)
- Install JDK 6 into the default directory (don’t change anything when installing)
- .NET Framework 2.0 or newer required (ships with Windows since XP SP2)
- Currently only supports Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
- Will only work with deodexed ROMs (take a look into your ROM’s system/framework directory; if there are any *.odex files, your ROM is NOT deodexed)
- You will need to re-create your settings backup after updating from version 1.27 (it is not compatible with the newer version)
Patch Installation Requirements:
- ROOTED device
- For HTC devices: S-OFF ([TOOL] One click ENG S-OFF for HTC Desire HD)
- ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 or newer
- If you “integrated sys Dalvik into ROM” with Titanium Backup, you will have to undo it
- BACKUP YOUR ROM (HOWTO)
- Make a PDroid Patch for your ROM with the PDroid Patcher and put the patch on your SD card
- Boot your device into your custom (CWM) recovery (Desire HD: vol down + power)
- If you flashed the patch before but PDroid said it still was not installed, then select “mount /system”
- Select “install zip from sdcard”
- Select “choose zip from sdcard”
- Select the PDroid patch you have put on your SD card
- After flashing is finished, reboot the device
- Install the PDroid app from the Android Market
- Rate the app at the Android market (let me know, if you have any issues beforehand)
Privacy Protector for NON-Rooted devices – From Google Play
What can it do?
Are you concerned with certain apps required permissions? Then this app is for you!
Base on your settings, this app will automatically turn OFF location and network connections when it detects that certain apps are running, thus leaving the apps no chance of leaking your data. After the apps finish running, pull down notification bar and you’ll easily turn network and location services back on.
It works on both non-rooted and rooted devices.
Alternatively, this app can be used as an ad-blocker or data saver.
With over 300 apps monitored, on average the app utilizes less than 4% of CPU on a Nexus One.
There is no noticeable impact on battery life.
Access to GPS and coarse location are for probing the location service settings.
Create bluetooth connections and bluetooth administration are for probing Bluetooth status and controlling bluetooth adapter.
Change Wi-Fi state is for controlling Wifi adapter.
Hit Like button and Share to your friends below if you like this topic ! Thanks for support !