If you check up my Facebook page about the Ubuntu Youtube video, you may feel it is nice for the 4 sides gesture .
Here I found the side app launcher, it’s an add-on , not whole launcher replacement.
Quote from official :
What is it?
It’s a launcher. It allows you to launch your apps from anywhere. It’s inspired from others’ work. I hope you find it helpful.
Note that it’s an early beta release so it may not work very well on your device.
Here is a short video from GYF running in an emulator: here.
Yes it’s a terrible, slow video.
And there is a screenshot at the bottom of this post.
* Detects and updates when apps are installed/uninstalled
* Swipe left to close drawer
* Swipe right again and a list of running apps is displayed
* Long-click a running app; a “Stop” button shows up
* GYF then asks Android to stop tasks. Not convinced Android cares.
* New preference: feedback (vibration) when opening the drawer
* More obvious animations
* A few UI fixes
* Gingerbread support should now be OK
* Preferences: quick letter ribbon size configurable
* Preferences: Change ribbon colors and alpha
* Preferences: Change main list colors and alpha
* Preferences: Do not use notification or display blank
Download : http://nexus.zteo.com/refdirect/?obj=gyf
Official Site : http://nexus.zteo.com/beta/